As a young engineer, I learned that there is nothing so complex as another human being, or the dynamics of a team of people working together. It started on the shop floor with my first job as a manufacturing supervisor. It was in those humble beginnings that I learned how much is possible – how much can unfold – when we deeply engage with one another in shared goals and objectives. Unknown to me at the time, this is where my passion for individual, team, and leadership development began.
As my career progressed, I earned my MBA, and was granted the opportunity to work in Birmingham, England, where my budding understanding of human dynamics took another turn. A similar language doesn’t mean “same.” My way of being and working needed to shift in order for me to find success leading teams of union workers on the shop floor – another lesson of how much is possible when we allow ourselves to be deeply impressed, affected, and touched by others.
My foundational experiences led me to critical roles in production, market forecasting, and sales, across a variety of industries, including Manufacturing, Automotive, and Talent Solutions. Prior to entering the Talent Solutions field, I worked as an account leader for a Tier One automotive supplier, with responsibility for $485M in annual sales revenue. This role challenged me to develop stronger negotiation skills and the fortitude to hold my position, and in the midst of conflict, to seek win-win solutions.
On a personal level, I am passionate about music, art, the natural world, and how they interconnect. I am a lifelong dancer and writer. I am a scuba diver, world traveler, and student of life; I practice yoga.
I bring the full diversity of my experiences into my work, and invite my clients to do the same.
What will you bring?
Education, Certifications, Memberships
- Certified Integral Coach, New Ventures West (ICF ACTP)
- Masters in Business Administration, Duke University
- Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering, Purdue University
- Leadership Oakland, Class XVII
- Member ICF and ICF Michigan, PCC Credentialed
- BBAC Board Member (2008 – 2011)
- New Ventures West Adjunct Faculty, Class V (2010 – 2011)
- New Ventures West Adjunct Faculty, Class L (2012 – 2013)
- ICF Michigan Board Member 2012 through 2015
- New Ventures West Faculty, Class X Phone Coach (2014)
- ICF Michigan Core Competency Class leader, 2015 to present